Monday, October 28, 2013

Video Game Character Jack-O'-Lanterns

It's pumpkin time! This weekend, we gathered all our old friends together for a pumpkin carving party. This is the third year running that we have hosted this ritual. We eat, we drink, we carve, we eat, we play games, we eat some more.

I just want to throw in a word about the Wii U here. Last Christmas, we decided to buy one, even though we never buy consoles or games right at release. We usually wait to see if we can get a good price on a used one. That said, the Wii U has been pretty awesome. Then again, they only had a couple of games worth playing for the longest time. Just in the past month or so, there has been an explosion of new games. So, almost a full year after we bought the console, we finally bought a new game: Rayman Legends! Up to five people can play at once, so it is perfect for big groups. With so much going on on screen, and everyone bumping into each other constantly, the irritation level is up there with Super Mario Bros Wii (or Super Frustration Bros, as my husband has nicknamed it). I'm sure our neighbors did not appreciate all the yelling and cursing at such a late hour. But we had tons of fun. As far as I am aware, all who played are still on friendly terms.

Now for the fun, holiday-related content! All the pumpkins were awesome. I have some really talented (or warped) friends.



I carved a couple of pumpkins with some classic video game characters (along the lines of the silhouettes I made in a previous post). I went ahead and made some patterns out of my favorites.



Feel free to use these patterns on your own pumpkins. Happy carving!
*Note: more patterns will be available soon, as soon as I get my scanner working properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment