Monday, June 10, 2013

Pixel Art Cross Stitch

After many requests from my retro-game-loving husband, I have decided to try my hand at converting pixel art into cross stitch. I should inform you that the last time I did cross stitch, I think I was about eight or nine years old. I made a tissue box cover, probably with cats on it or something similarly quaint. I'm sure you know the kind. Every family has one that a grandmother or aunt spent hours laboring over, but it only ever sees use during the holidays. My point is, I had only ever done simple patterns on big plastic canvases.

So, I'm starting out small with this pixel art project. Think miniature video game characters. I may move on to more complicated designs once I figure out what I'm doing. For my first attempt, I made a Baby Mario, roughly one and half inches square:



I'm thinking this would go great on a bib. I definitely need to brush up on proper techniques, maybe get some more appropriate needles, but I think it turned out pretty well for my first try. (Just don't look at the back!) I have a Baby Luigi pattern ready to go, as well as some other little surprises, so stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment