Monday, May 6, 2013

Shoes

Following the suggestions of many friends and family members, I did finally open a Twitter account today. Hopefully I can learn how to reach out on these social media sites. We'll see how it goes.

I suppose I have to be honest with you all and admit that I have not done any new projects recently. I did, however, clean out all the things that were living under my bed today. I came across my portfolio and found some old prints that I thought you might enjoy. Keep in mind that these are from a printmaking class I took in 2008. If it weren't so difficult to obtain access to a printing press, I would love to do more.

This series is a study of shoes. Each pair of shoes is based on a person who is very dear to me. I tried to capture their personality through stance and posture, as well as shoe style and color. I think I nailed it on most of these, but I guess you'd have to know these people to really appreciate them. Since they are just gathering dust under my bed right now, I'm thinking I'll frame them and give them to each of the people they represent. Enjoy!

Christina, a college roommate and a very dear friend.

Elizabeth, a very old friend.

Radar, another roommate, one of the most interesting personalities I've come to know.

Tom, my Grandfather (the Mountain Man, as my husband likes to call him).

Nikke, an old friend whom I've unfortunately lost touch with.

CHL, my husband.
This last one I never got a chance to actually print, but it hangs on an easel in the craft room as inspiration. Someday, maybe I'll get a chance to run a print of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment